If your Instagram account does not appear when trying to connect with InstaChatbot, you might be missing some initial steps. In this guide, we will sort out this problem.
Connect your Facebook page with your Instagram account and integrate the same chatbot for your Insta messaging app. But you have to make sure about the criteria that follow for connecting Instagram chatbot.
First, Enable Your Settings to Activate Your Insta Chatbot
Your account must fulfill the following criteria:
- You must own an Instagram business account (To convert your account to a business account, follow these steps.)
- Through your Facebook Business Page, the Instagram Messaging API connects to your Instagram account. Check the connection on your associated Facebook Business Page, or establish a new one.
- To proceed Instagram setting, you must be an admin of your Facebook business page. An editor will not be allowed to access all these settings.
Some other possibilities you might be unable to See your page
Make Sure to Connect Your Facebook Business Page to Your Instagram
One more reason for not having access to your Insta messaging is your Facebook pages don’t connect with your Instagram messages.
When you link your Instagram account to your Facebook business page, you must also connect with your Facebook page to your Instagram messages.
To see if you’ve given permission, go to your Facebook Business Page and click the provided instructions:
- Go to “Manage Page”
- Click on Inbox
- Check the “Instagram Direct” option
If you can see the Insta messages, it means you are allowed access to Instagram messages. It has perfectly done to go with the flow.
But if you don’t see any messages, then you must need to connect them first by following these steps:
- Open your Facebook business page
- Go to settings
- Click on the Instagram
- Enable Inbox Access to Instagram Messages
Manually Selection of Your Facebook Business Page(s)
Once you integrate the chatbot to the Facebook Messenger chatbot, You have to choose selected pages that you want to connect with the chatbot.
- Access directly by clicking business integration on Facebook
- Under the Insta Chatbot, click to view and edit and go for Show a list of the Pages you manage
- Select the page(s) that you want to connect with your Insta Chatbot account. If you can’t see any other pages, It means it will apply on all pages.
- Make sure you have enabled “Manage your Page permission”
- Save your settings and go to the Insta Chatbot account and connect your pages that are shown there now.
Refresh Your Facebook and Instagram Business Accounts
Don’t forget this!
If you encounter some sort of option “Review Connection” after clicking on “Instagram” inside the “settings”, it means you need to refresh your accounts. It needs your Instagram password to proceed further.
If you are not the admin or editor of the page, you can also access it from the Instagram account by following these steps:
- Use the Insta mobile app
- Click on Edit profile then scroll down until you see the account center
- Select your desired page and confirm it then log in again with the personal account for confirmation.
You can use both of them so that it is more comfortable for you to review connections.
To connect your Facebook page to your Instagram account you can easily embed your chatbot with the same API. If you’ve followed all of the following procedures and are still having problems, feel free to contact us.